Monday, July 25, 2011

What a Long Weekend

My wife Sara and I were invited to "Halfway Jam" in Royalton, MN Friday night so on Saturday 23 July 2011, we went.  The festival was phenomenal, the weather was okay (it rained a little, was humid for a little longer but then as the sun went down, it got a little cooler which was good.  Unfortunately for me the people at the festival, didn't know about my condition (weird isn't it, complete strangers not knowing).

Its unfortunate when you realize how many times I got whacked in the arm and how every person seemed to be aiming for it.  Then there is the matter of the seven hour drive, SEVEN hours each way.  Using my arm driving any distance is a real chore because my pain gets so bad, it spasms constantly and it swells up like a balloon and subsequently whilst using the right hand to compensate for the left, that hand gets really sore.

Despite all of that, the weekend was great and I will have the rest of the week to recuperate and I have the memories of a fantastic weekend and the greatest possible experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment