Thursday, August 11, 2011

CRPS and Depression

I think its funny that people that don't have chronic pain, completely discount the fact that someone really does.  CRPS is an insidious creature, it has taken my left arm, atrophied it, sends pain throughout it and makes it just wonderful to go into public.  CRPS has given me the party that is spasms in the arm to the point where I have hit myself in the face.  CRPS has taken my body, my will and given me depression.

Imagine what you would be like if the one thing that you had in your life, that made you feel good about yourself, was taken from you.  Imagine what it would be like if people you thought as family and friends now hate you because you protected yourself and your real family.  Imagine what it would be like that every single time you see people that you have known for years, look at your arm before they make eye contact.

CRPS has filled my ever loving life with physical and mental pain.  It isn't visible, it isn't glaring but just like the depression, its real.

No comments:

Post a Comment